Product Care + Materials
It is completely natural for sterling silver to oxidize/patina over time when it’s exposed to air. Use a lint-free, 100% cotton cloth to give the piece a gentle wipe and it will shine right back up! You may also use this cloth to lightly polish your yellow & rose gold plated pieces, if needed.
We strive to use the finest quality materials in the industry to craft each piece so that your unX purchases can be treasured forever. Our products are primarily made from recycled brass and sterling silver.
Though our gold plating is beautifully thick and it’s certainly tempting to wear your unX jewelry all the time, we recommend removing when doing any of the following activities:
- Showering, bathing or washing your hands.
- Exercising (the salt in your sweat can effect plating)
- Applying perfumes, lotions, oils etc.
- Swimming (chlorine can have a negative effect on plating over time)
- Cleaning - especially with harsh chemicals
If you’re unsure whether it’s a good idea to wear your jewelry in a given situation, we recommend removing it just to be safe! Following the recommended practices listed above will help promote a long life-span of your jewelry.